Our team have put together a guide to help you get you more customers through your doors
Restaurants in Yangon have a great opportunity to get really high engagement from their fans. Facebook is huge here, everyone’s on it and everyone’s sharing their favourite food and restaurant experiences! If your business invests time in social media you’ll be sure to drive up your sales and create a buzz about your brand.
I’ve worked with a lot of different restaurants in Myanmar and put together some great tips that will help you to promote your delicious food!
- Make sure you’ve got a Facebook Page. In Myanmar everybody searches and shares their favorite food hang outs on Facebook, keep it up to date and accurate.
- Make sure everyone knows about your restaurant and why they should love it. Share photos of the interiors, design, kitchen, food and menu, so that your customers can see you’re really passionate about your food.
- Get your audience really engaged with who you are. One of the coolest ways we’ve found is to give fans interesting facts, menus, information, highlights of dishes so that they feel inspired to cook your food at home and to visit your restaurant.
- Make your food look sexy! Show it off and be proud. Myanmar people loves food, and Instagram style food photos get incredibly high engagement and great numbers of shares. People eat with their eyes as well as their mouths – give them delicious mouthwatering photos and videos that will make them hungry to try your food.
- Give your fans something fun to do. A great way is to run mini contest and puzzles (e.g. Guess the menu), which keeps fans from being bored of your content and gives them another reason to share your page on Facebook.
- There’s nothing better than good reviews and frequent check-ins. Don’t underestimate the power of reviews and check-ins, people really care! Foodies everywhere like to see where their friends, piers or influencers have been, if they liked the restaurant and what they thought of it. You can encourage check-ins with instore campaigns such as voucher giveaways or even provide free wifi if the customer checks in. If you give great customer service, the positive reviews will come!
- Encourage your fans to start conversations, so that you can truly engage with your biggest customers. Campaigns that promote competitions like snap and win and fan experience stories. These are awesome at getting everyone involved and usually receive at least three times normal engagement. Everyone loves a fun campaign, and promoting a competition on your Facebook page will create a buzz on social media.
- Facebook Ads are often forgotten, but they’re super valuable! Don’t forget how important they are!! It is the best way to reach out to your customers, who are interested in your product, optimize your page for a greater online visibility. Make sure the ads are interesting and beautiful and regularly change so that you can keep your audience up to date with menus and great experiences.
Written by Hnin Thwet Cho